If you are a skincare fanatic or just up to date on the latest beauty trends, you should be very aware of these two: CBD and sheet masks.
Korean beauty brands were the precursor of the new skincare craze, sheet masks and have continued to dominate the global beauty industry. CBD seems to be the new ingredient for big beauty brands, being infused within any and every product possible.
So why not merge the two?
We put CBD sheet masks under the microscope. Are they just a passing fad or are they here to stay as our skin’s new best friend?
What Is a Sheet Mask?
Sheet masks hit the beauty industry running, with big beauty influencers and celebrities sporting sheet masks of every material and colour all over social media.
Now, sheet masks are an essential part of a gal-on-the-go’s skincare routine. Just apply the sheet mask to your face and let it do all the work.
The masks are usually made from cotton or thin and light material which is then doused in a moisturising serum-based formula to soothe and hydrate.
Sheet masks are the perfect solution if you’re looking for an instant boost of vitamins and moisture for your skin, it’s pretty much a quick fix.
As we all know…
“Glowing skin is always in”
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the primary natural compounds in the cannabis plant. These days though dominates nearly every must-have skincare product. If you haven’t tried a CBD infused skincare product… you’re missing out.
One of our favourite and vegan-friendly brands, Poko CBD, have hit the mark with their product range. We’re still waiting to see if they release a CBD sheet mask, but we’re keeping our eyes peeled.
Anyways, CBD helps soothe the skin, especially acne and blemish-prone skin. CBD can help maintain a clear complexion by alleviating inflammation and oil production. There is still a lot of research to be done regarding CBD and its benefits, but so far so good.
The Best of Both Worlds
So what are the benefits of using a CBD sheet mask? A sheet mask is soaked in a concentrated and hydrating serum which is designed to benefit the skin, and CBD added to a sheet mask can only intensify this hydration with its soothing properties.
A CBD sheet mask is the perfect solution if you are looking for a quick facial pampering in the evening and still reap all the benefits the morning after. And if you are a habitual person who can stick to a skincare routine like clockwork, you’re guaranteed glowing results.
When Do You Use a Sheet Mask?
You’ve probably tried a sheet mask by now. They are by far the most simple skincare accessory and certainly a must-have in my skincare routine. Although, unlike celebrity Chrissy Teigen and beauty guru Jamie Genevieve, I have yet to add a sheet mask to my in-flight beauty routine.
Never say never though.
Sheet masks are so simple to use and you can apply them as often as you like throughout the day or week, but don’t go overboard.
Of course, you should use your CBD sheet mask according to the recommendations and instructions of the brand, but we’d recommend adding a CBD sheet mask to your night skincare routine. You’ll be amazed at the results.
How to Use a CBD Sheet Mask
- Wash and tone your skin before applying a sheet mask
- Apply the mask to your face starting from your forehead and work your way down. Sheet masks are usually one size fits all, so try to align the eye, nose and mouth holes as comfortable as possible.
- Chill out and leave the CBD sheet mask on your face for the recommended time, usually about 15-30 minutes. Do not leave the mask on your face too long, you don’t want the mask to dry out!
- Gently massage any excess serum leftover from the mask into your face and neck after having removed the CBD mask.
What Are Sheet Masks Made out Of?
The downfall of a CBD sheet mask or any sheet mask, is they are only meant to be single-use products. The majority of sheet masks are made from cotton, vegetable fibres or bamboo.
If you’re an eco-conscious consumer or just don’t feel comfortable with a one-use product, there are CBD masks available that are 100% biodegradable.
If you’d rather avoid single-use sheet masks entirely, why not make your own?
Making Your Own CBD Sheet Mask
It’s easier than you think. We used Poko’s Luxury Facial Oil for this mask to give our skin the ultimate glow.
What You Will Need
- 50ml of Water
- 5-6 drops of Luxury Facial Oil
- ½ teaspoon of Honey
- 1 bowl
- Organic Cotton Muslin Cloth (or cotton pads)
CBD Infused Sheet Mask DIY
- To create the sheet mask using the reusable material, cut holes for your eyes, nose and mouth. Use a pencil to mark out where to make the incisions if you want to be precise. To prep your skin for the CBD sheet mask, cleanse your skin.
- Mix the water, honey and facial oil in a bowl.
- Gently dip the cloth or cotton pads into the bowl until it is fully soaked.
- Place the homemade mask over your face and press lightly into the skin.
- Leave for approx 15 minutes or longer. Remember to remove before the mask dries out completely.
- Peel off the sheet mask and massage the residue into your skin and neck.
- For even more glowing results, don’t forget to moisturise and apply eye cream afterwards!
Have you tried a CBD sheet mask?
Let us know in the comments below – and feel free to mention your favourite brands for our other readers!