Looking for something interesting to do this weekend and want to avoid the hustle and bustle of East London’s market-laden streets, the overcrowded beer gardens and parks strewn with the rubbish of failed or forgotten silver tray BBQs? How about something slightly more refined – and a lot boozier?
The London Whisky Weekender returns to Oval Space this weekend (11th – 12th April) and promises ticketholders a world of discovery: from American bourbons to Japanese, Irish and Scotch whiskies and whiskeys – if don’t know the different you’ll find out this weekend!
This year there is a particular emphasis on craft distilleries, along with programmed tastings, guest appearances from distillers, whisky cocktails, street food and music. The roof terrace offers views over Bethnal Green but – more appealingly – will also house a series of Whisky Tasting Classes that will see whisky paired with Pull & Punch’s phenomenal pulled meat creations and Borough Ham & Cheese Company’s unique range of charcuterie and cheese.
Tickets cost £30-35 per session and are available along with more information about the weekend’s events here.
- Oval Space, 29-32 The Oval, London, E2 9DT
- Tickets per session cost £30 on a first release basis and £35 thereafter
- Tickets are available for the following three sessions:
- Saturday 11th April, 11am – 3pm, £35pp (£30 Early Bird)
- Saturday 11th April 4pm – 8pm, £35pp (£30 Early Bird)
- Sunday 12th April 12-5pm, £30pp (£25 Early Bird)
- Ticket price includes:
- Entry to chosen session
- Glencairn tasting glas
- A bottle of water (for obvious purposes)
- The Festival Guide
- All whiskies sampled in the main hall (not included ‘under the counter’ drams)
Vicky Ilankovan – Lifestyle Editor