The CBD-industry has grown immensely, way beyond its roots in the health and wellness industry, and the cannabis-extract can now be found in a vast range of products from facial serums to candy lollipops. Some might say that the endless array of products has gone too far, but at least it means that there are now consumption methods to suit everybody’s needs.
Naturally, most people will start out with sublingual oils or tinctures, which are often unflavoured and can be quite unpleasant to some people. After several months or years of consuming CBD sublingually, it can quickly get boring when you know there are tastier ways out there.
One such tasty way to enhance the excitement in your CBD consumption is by making it into a CBD hot chocolate. For multiple reasons, we wouldn’t recommend replacing sublingual CBD with CBD hot chocolate, we do believe it can be a tasty treat to break to the monotony that may accompany everyday CBD consumption.
The Simple CBD Hot Chocolate Recipe
This CBD hot chocolate recipe has only a few ingredients, is very easy to follow and can be amended with additional flavourings to suit your personal needs. Swap the soy milk in the recipe with your favourite milk for that further additional personal touch. Serves 1.
- 30 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 250 ml of soy milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- CBD oil
- Mix together the dark chocolate, cocoa powder and half of the milk in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring often.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, add the remaining milk along with a small pinch of sea salt.
- Add sugar or honey to match your personal taste if required and your normal dosage of CBD oil and stir well.
- (Optional) Add a flavoured syrup shot, such as caramel or hazelnut, or even a tiny amount of vanilla or orange extract.
- Serve in a mug and top with whipped cream if desired.
Final Thoughts on CBD Hot Chocolate
The wonder of CBD hot chocolate is just how versatile it can be. Whether you like the unadulterated flavours of dark chocolate to shine through, or you have a sweet tooth and enjoy adding an array of tasty flavourings, this easy-to-follow recipe can suit everybody’s needs.