CBD is an incredibly versatile substance with a range of benefits that people can enjoy. It can be easily ingested, too, in a range of oils, capsules, or tinctures.
But the problem is that not everyone loves the taste of CBD. Luckily for us though, CBD can be easily used in beverages and cakes and any other food item you might enjoy.
Today we’re going to look at how you can put CBD in two very easy to make recipes. One is a little harder than the other but they’re both incredibly straightforward and, most importantly, very tasty.
Benefits of CBD
CBD is becoming more popular with every year and, anecdotally, people have used it to treat all sorts of illnesses and health issues. Indeed each year there’s a new study published.
Many people have turned to CBD as an alternative to mainstream pharmaceutical drugs. There has been some evidence to suggest that it could be a viable alternative to opiate-based medicines which can cause further long term addiction problems.
- Pain management – CBD is capable of reducing inflammation, interacting with neurotransmitters, and working with the body’s endocannabinoid system.
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Sleeping aide
Of course, there are a lot of amazing things you can make with CBD as an ingredient. The CBD Brownie though requires incredibly little effort and if you don’t like it, well, it won’t have taken too long to make.
So here we have the CBD Brownie-in-a-Mug recipe.
To make a CBD brownie you will need:
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp CBD oil – the brand of your choice but we recommend a water-soluble oil
- Mini chocolate chips
- A microwave
Put all these things together in a mug and microwave for 2 minutes. Easy peasy.
Or why not try something more elaborate?
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 c. chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
FOR CBD PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 c. smooth peanut butter
- 10 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Several drops CBD oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350° – this is important because above 350° the CBD will be burned off.
- Grease a 9”-×-13” inch baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips to a large, heat-proof bowl. Microwave in 15-second increments, stirring between each time until chocolate chips are half-melted.
- Add butter and microwave until melted. Combine butter and chocolate until smooth. Whisk in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well between each addition, then stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and fold in dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes. After that let cool completely.
- The frosting – Use an electric mixer to cream together peanut butter and butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, CBD oil, and salt and beat until light and fluffy.
- When brownies are cool, frost with peanut butter frosting. Cut into 12 squares and serve.