Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, pumpkin pie, classic stuffing, cranberry sauce, cornbread, mixed roasted vegetables and last but not least, gravy. All the dishes you’d expect to find somewhere on the table at Thanksgiving. But, getting people to agree on the best way to prepare and serve each constituent is another story.
Green beans fried in a skillet or roasted in a casserole? Turkey or cranberry stuffing? Even down to the finer details on the thickness of the gravy can divide the best of friends on how best to cook them.
Whatever your favoured methods for that perfect Thanksgiving dinner, there are a wealth of techniques you can use to infuse CBD to give your meal for that extra special something.
Take a look at 3 ways in which you can infuse CBD into your Thanksgiving Day meal…
CBD-Infused Traditional Gravy
Without a doubt, the best tasting gravy uses the juices from the meat as a base. In our recipe, the natural juices are further enhanced with flavours from rosemary, sage, onions and CBD. The CBD is added to the gravy towards the end of cooking. Adding it too early or directly to the pan can cause the temperature to high, resulting in the breaking down of the CBD. This recipe is gluten-free. Serves 6-8 people.
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 600 ml of chicken stock (including juices from roasted meat)
- 1 tsp of cornstarch (mix well in a tablespoon of hot water)
- Salt and pepper
- 20 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil
- (Optional) 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Saute finely chopped onions in butter in a large skillet over medium heat, being careful not to burn.
- When the onion starts to become translucent, (approx. 5 minutes) add the crushed garlic cloves.
- Saute for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the fresh rosemary and fresh sage. Allow to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring continuously to ensure nothing burns.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and then lower the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Before adding to the gravy – Mix 1 tsp cornstarch into 1 tbsp hot water and mix well to ensure a nice slurry with even consistency. Add to the gravy and whisk thoroughly and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- If gravy is not thick enough – repeat step 5 until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Melt 10 g butter in a bowl and add 20 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil and mix thoroughly – add to the gravy and stir thoroughly
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Wholegrain mustard is an optional extra for added flavour.
CBD & Cranberry Sauce
Homemade cranberry sauce should have a great balance between being not too sweet and not too tart. A great balance between sweetness and acidity really helps to contrast the savoury taste of the turkey, and when done right can really make your Thanksgiving Day meal. What makes it even better, is this CBD-infused cranberry sauce is extremely quick and easy to make. This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian.
- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 ml orange juice
- 100 ml water
- 300 g of dried cranberries
- ½ an orange
- 10 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Place sugar, water and orange juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat, stirring frequently. Once boiling, lower the heat and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in dried cranberries, orange and pinch of salt and cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Melt 5 g of butter in a bowl and add 10 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil and mix thoroughly – add to the saucepan, mixing well.
- Cook for 1 minute before removing from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Can be served warm or left to cool entirely.
CBD & Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes truly are a culinary wonder. With a little care and attention, this gluten-free and vegetarian recipe can transform the simple and humble potato into light and creamy dish that is packed full of flavour. There’s something satisfying about cooking with roasted garlic and it is really simple and easy to do. Serves 6-8 people.
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1.5 kg potato
- 250 ml of double cream
- 20 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the top off of a bulb of garlic, drizzle generously in olive oil and wrap in foil. Add to oven preheated to 200°C and bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, add potatoes to a large pot, cover with lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Cook potatoes until soft (approximately 25 minutes) and drain in a colander.
- Thoroughly mash potatoes.
- Extract the garlic cloves from their skin by carefully squeezing on the bottom, releasing the soft cloves and add to the mashed potatoes.
- Add CBD oil to the double cream and mix well. Adding to the mashed potatoes along with the balsamic vinegar and fresh parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste and ensure everything is well mixed before serving.
Final Thoughts on CBD-Infused Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is not just a time for being grateful for what you have, it’s a time for culinary decadence. The best Thanksgiving meals that are remembered for many years to come are the ones that go the extra mile to leave everyone feeling happy and satisfied. With our CBD-infused recipe ideas, your guests are bound to be talking about your memorable and extravagant Thanksgiving meal for many, many years.